Arts/Crafts/Bazaar in the Village of Fallasburg Park 2019
Saturday September 14th and Sunday September 15th
10:00am-5:00pm (both days)
The Fallasburg Historical Society invites you to join our 2-day Arts/Crafts/Bazaar in the Village of Fallasburg Park, located east of Grand Rapids, Michigan. The event will be host to unique crafts and food booths and is also home to a museum, village and vintage baseball tournaments! We are located in Fallasburg Park, one of Kent County’s most beautiful public parks – the 76-acre park is located on the inspiring Flat River. When you cross the Historic Covered Bridge, into our charming village, you will be taking a step back in time.
We plan to capture some of the annual attendees to the Fallasburg Festival of the Arts, which will be held in the park during the same dates, with estimated traffic of 20,000-30,000! The Fallasburg Fall Festival for the Arts has been voted #39 of the festivals, nationwide, by 2012 readers of Sunshine Artists Magazine, and has been called “a unique event that develops the potential of its extraordinary historical setting”, by www.artfaircalendar.com.
Admission AND Parking for the Arts/Crafts/Bazaar is FREE.
Show Dates: September 14th & 15th, 2019
(One day participation is an option – no discount to booth fees)
A group, comprised of Fallasburg Historical Society board members, will serve as the selection committee to ensure a diverse range of crafters whose work is of original quality and that represents a variety of creative styles for the Village Bazaar.
Fallasburg Historical Society has a policy to provide equal opportunity to participate in and benefit from all programs, activities and services without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
Artist Name: _____________________________________________________
Contact Phone: _________________ Alternate Phone: _______________________
email address: ___________________________________________________________
Desired Booth Size: Single: __________ Double: __________
Description of items to be offered (check all that apply):
__________ Antiques __________ Shabby Chic
__________ Flea Market __________ Arts and Crafts
__________ Arts and Crafts __________ Clothing
__________ Leather __________ Wood/Woodworking
__________ Glass __________ Metal
__________ Ceramics __________ Toys
__________ Furniture __________ Jewelry
__________ Floral __________ Soaps
__________ Pottery __________ Candles
Please provide a description of merchandise to be sold:
The sale of real weapons, play weapons, drug paraphernalia or alcohol related items is prohibited and the Committee has the right to accept or reject any vendor, articles or display.
- Only one crafter (or crafter collaboration) per booth.
- Committee reserves the right to request removal of sale items that are inconsistent with submitted craft/implied merchandise.
- Booth must be staffed for duration of Arts/Crafts/Bazaar.
- Crafter is required to donate an item valued at $10 or more in addition to booth fee. Such donation will be used as a fund raiser for the historical society at a later date- so having your crafter information on item is key for future sales from winner and family of winner.
Village Event is a “rain or shine” event. Crafters should be prepared for inclement weather.
- Single booth – 12′ x 12′ (physical space of set-up) $50
- Double booth – 12′ x 24′ (physical space of set-up) $100
(limited number of double booths available and will be assigned in the order of
receipt of deposits/requests)
- Set-up is Friday, September 13th, 2019, 12:00pm – 8:00pm (if you prefer to set-up on Saturday morning, set-up MUST be complete prior to 10am, when the event opens)
- Securing your booth “after hours” is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. The Fallasburg Historical Society is not responsible for any loss or damages.
(we will have personnel on-site overnight, but we cannot be held responsible for securing vendor merchandise)
- Take down is 5pm Sunday, September 15th, 2019 (right after the event)
- Electricity and running water are NOT available
- Generators are NOT allowed
- For crafters only: we have a Historic home designated for your use. It has a bathroom and limited kitchen to take a break and enjoy your lunch. Again- this is not for public use- we have a bathroom at the one room school house for your customers.
- Vendor parking will be directly behind your booth – to ensure convenient access to your merchandise.
- Guests/Customers will have designated parking areas through the Village.
I/We agree to assume all risk associated with participating in this Bazaar; including, but not limited to, falls, accidents, effects of weather and/or any other loss, cost or damage. By signing this document and/or submitting the entry fee, I/We, agree to waive, release and hold harmless, the Fallasburg Historical Society, sponsors and volunteers from any and all claims, liabilities, demands, loss, cost and expense, of any kind, arising out of my participation in this event. I/We have read and agree to this waiver and will abide by the rules and regulations for the Village Bazaar.
Signature: ____________________________________ Date: ________________
Any questions can be emailed to: email@example.com or call 616-648-0048.
Please submit your application/deposit to:
725 Lafayette St
Lowell, MI 49331
All checks should be made payable to: Fallasburg Historical Society